Saturday, November 10, 2007

The week whizzes past

Once again a full week. Much as I hate to have a week with nothing happening at all, I sometimes find that if I have an activity every day of the week, I start to get panicky about the accumulated tasks that haven’t been dealt with.

The wasp crisis has continued, and there were new half dead wasps on the floor, when I sneaked into the utility room yesterday. I managed to get the machine loaded with towels, and then rushed out, looking above and around me for zooming winged creatures and any sort of threatening behaviour. Today, I got the washing into the tumble drier and another lot into the machine. I’m well behind because I’m scared of spending any time in there.

M & I had our meal out at the Chinese restaurant and very nice it was too – I had several helpings of their lemon chicken, but managed to resist the chocolate cake; M didn’t; unusual dessert for a Chinese Restaurant and M said it was delicious. Then the next day, on my birthday, Irene and I had our signing at Farnborough, which went well. On Wednesday I met a friend for a chat over a large tub of hot chocolate, then polished off my shopping at Sainsbury’s too. By Thursday, the paperwork was building up, along with the washing. But I was out in the evening discussing Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with my reading circle. (Verdict - a very interesting and unusual first novel, but rather too many different strands woven into it for me.) And Friday, my brother in law came for dinner. Somewhere along the line, my writers’ mags arrived and they just sat on the top of the pile of papers. Still nagging at me - I must start on the VAT. It’s nearly half way through the month.

On the plus side, I have now read up to Chapter 15 of Thorn in the Flesh, Anne’s www.myspace.com/annebrooke novel, and it is going along very well. It is strange how one finds common themes, for as Anne has pointed out, both our heroines are searching for information about their respective pasts. Yet the books couldn’t be more different.

This afternoon, I have been to visit Jan who is designing the cover for Tainted Tree. We spent ages trying out different sizes and positions of the font on screen, and there is still more to do. Out to lunch tomorrow with friends, and on Monday, I must make a concerted effort to deal with bookkeeping.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Yes, I do think we have some kind of psychic link going on, Jackie! And, bizarrely, I think Kate & Addie would probably get on quite well - is there a joint sequel in the offing???

==:O

:))

A
xxx

Jackie Luben said...

I don't know what happens to Kate yet, Anne, so I don't know if their paths are likely to cross.

I shall read on tonight to find out.

Sue said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday, the meal sounds good.

We keep finding wasps in the bathroom. I am the wasp remover in the family so keep getting called to get them out, but it doesn't sound like we're having as many as you!

Jackie Luben said...

Oh you're brave, Sue.

It's the first time I've hoped for frost as maybe that will be the end of the nest.

And thanks I had a good birthday. Always nice to share it with the little ones.