Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hysterectomy Diary

8th June (Tuesday – Day 6)

I feel tired this morning. Waking up at 6.30 a.m. every day is getting to me. Nevertheless, I like being here and being looked after. Who regards a hospital stay as a holiday? Let me tell you, that apart from holidays, no-one has looked after me like this for years – decades, perhaps. However, I’m not malingering. The bladder is taking its time to function on its own. No way I can push it to do what it ought to do. It has to heal first, I suspect. The rest of me is doing OK. Blood pressure, temperature, pulse – all normal. No pain and each day I go for a short walk along the corridor.

Yesterday I washed my hair, though overdid it and made my hair all flat and fluffy. On my walk yesterday, I took some Tainted Tree flyers and book marks to the nurses’ station and gave them a brief sale pitch. But I haven’t done that today. My natural reticence overcame me. Too many people clustered around the nurses’ station and I couldn’t bring up the required level of self-confidence. I did go for a walk though – around five minutes – that was enough and I had earlier walked down the corridor and up one flight of stairs with the physio. Also, now at mid afternoon, the product in my catheter bag and my own production are at more or less equilibrium.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I havent been blogging lately but do hope you're feeling much better soon..

Jackie Luben said...

Just picked up your comment, Jan. Thank you for good wishes. There are lots of more important things to do than blogging, but at the moment, it's one of the things |I can easily do.