Monday, February 26, 2007

Eye Spy

Goodness. Nearly a week since my last entry. This is partly because of my sore eye, which turned out to be conjunctivitis. But the first two or three bloodcurdling days – well that’s how I looked in the mirror - were probably nothing to do with the later infection. But the upshot was I had to leave out my lenses for several days, and when I tried putting them in on one day, it made the eye worse the next day. I tend to get double vision when I’m wearing glasses, so I didn’t wear them all the time. And because I haven’t got bifocals or varifocals, reading or looking at the computer screen was most difficult. I had to put myself about 3” away from my account books in order to continue the bookkeeping, but nevertheless managed to do most of it. Still a couple of columns to add up tonight, which is just as well, because the VAT return should be sent off by now.

I also finished re-reading A Bottle of Plonk, and sent my comments to Dave at Virtual Tales (http://www.virtualtales.com/) so hopefully, it’s now on its way to being an e-book.

At the end of the week, I finally caved in and went to the doctor, but by that time the eye was practically better.

I am seriously considering submitting my novel, Tainted Tree, to Goldenford for publishing this year. In the meantime, Anne’s friend Nell has created a draft of a cover for it. It is quite unlike anything I had envisaged, but I think I like it.

I’ve visited Irene (http://www.thisthatfromireneblack.blogspot.com/) today. Poor Irene is struggling to find ways of managing with one hand only, since breaking her arm a couple of weeks ago. She made two mugs of tea without any help, but it is a demoralising business. Nevertheless, we had a good chat – at least the ‘little grey cells’, as Poirrot might say, are functioning.

3 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Sorry to hear about the eye, Jackie .... But yes, yes, submit TT - please!!!

:))

A
xxx

Jackie Luben said...

It's a big step, Anne.

Anne Brooke said...

No bigger than sending out to commercial publishers, Jackie - which I know you've done! After all, we all submit in the hope of acceptance - don't we??!

:))

A
xxx