Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bad Boys and Golden Girls

Wednesday
M is not big on discussion of major issues. He informed me a couple of days ago that he had sold his car. (He has a second hand Range Rover which was supposed to have been converted to gas, but which developed a leak as soon as he brought it home.) Why he was conned into buying this piece of old junk, goodness knows, but now he says he’s ‘not going to rush into anything this time.’ This is very worrying. Before I know it, he will be invading my car, loading it up with ladders, scaffolding, covering it with oil, tar and other noxious fluids and taking it out on jobs. Somehow I have to protect my poor little car from him. The RR is due to go in a fortnight. Help.

I have just collected him from the hospital post his toenail op. He’s had a local, so he’s not in pain at the moment. He tells me there were several nurses in the room when the procedure was carried out. He likes to do a little showing off, so he was in his element. He was asked about his work and he boasted, ‘I have a secretary 24 hours a day; she sleeps with me as well.’ They all giggled (so he informs me.) I asked him if he told them about my writing. ‘No, I forgot about that,’ he said. Plus ca change.

I have spent a bit more time on the first three chapters of Tainted Tree, and hopefully tightened up some bits that needed a spot of editing. In addition, I’ve put in some work on the Goldenford website - www.goldenford.co.uk. Irene’s book on E-bay, Sold to the Lady in the Lime Green Laptop is now there in glorious Technicolor. You can’t buy it yet, but get your order in NOW. I’m sure it will be popular.

Thursday
I have now joined the ranks of Goldenford’s walking wounded. My dentist looked in horror at my tooth this morning and told me he normally expected to see damage, of the kind I’d inflicted, after a fall or a car crash. The tooth had broken in half and he removed part of it, patched it up, and in due course I will be crowned. Irene (www.myspace.com/ireneblack)
is still not fully recovered from her broken arm, and on Tuesday at Guildford Writers, Jennifer turned up with a sprained foot. M, who is lying with his feet up watching the TV could perhaps qualify for honorary membership. The two injured toes are not a pretty sight, even with dressings.

A warning. I am getting unsolicited emails telling me a friend is sending a card. I looked at one marked Hallmark cards, and immediately got a virus warning from my protector. I hurriedly switched off the computer and rebooted, in the hope this would ward off any damage. The card thing is obviously another scam. These are no relation to the Jacquie Lawson cards, (http://www.jacquielawson.com/) which I have been sending to friends, having got the address from Cathy’s Blog (http://cwnotebook.blogspot.com/).

No comments: