Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Doctors and dentists

Another day with minimal progress. Ever since I’ve been married, I’ve been reminded of Alice through the Looking Glass, who had to run very fast to stand still.

Today, I went with M to the doctor, as now that the operation is over, he has to start anti-coagulant drugs. It’s very worrying, having to remember on someone else’s behalf to take tablets at particular times of day, and to look out for side effects, and avoid particular foods, etc. M is a non-worrier; I have to do it all for him. We came back and I did my Florence Nightingale stuff – dressing the two injured toes. Then off out again to the dentist for him to replace the temporary filling before flying off to the sun. So the whole morning went, and I hadn’t done a thing – and I had to squeeze Sainsbury’s into the afternoon.

At least the sun shone this afternoon, though it’s not forecast to last. Tomorrow, I hope to be home all day, so will make inroads into the washing and ironing. And the Range Rover is off tomorrow. But so far no sign of a replacement. How does M imagine he is going to get around?

No comments: