Monday, April 07, 2008

If winter comes, can spring be far behind?

Spring came briefly last week; a really warm day that caused me to discard my winter jacket. Earlier I took some photos of the daffodils in our garden, together with lots of lemon yellow polyanthus, and also a much better display nearby. Here they are.



























But on Sunday, as anyone in the South probably knows, winter returned and here are a couple of views from our house. The one on the left is the same flower bed viewed from our window. You might just make out the daffodils and blue muscari. The right hand one is the garden at the back.





We went to a wedding on Sunday, in London, to be precise, not very far from Sloane Square and Knightsbridge - the haunts of Princess Diana. Very classy area. Would you believe that even the car park cost £5.60 per hour. We have a bit of a reputation for arriving late for weddings. It's not that we're disrespectful, just that we're optimistic about travel time. On this occasion, though, we thought the roads might be bad, and we left two hours before the start time. So we actually arrived in plenty of time to see the 'full Monty.' And we spent much time talking to family too, most of whom will be with us for my launch party in May.


Now, having had some sort of social event every weekend for the past few weeks, we have nothing happening in the next couple of weeks. Just as well, as I feel overwhelmed by lots of little jobs to do. And the end product is that sometimes when I'm in this situation, I don't know what to start on, so I do nothing.


I'm reading two books; one Darshan by Irene Black, which will be a worthy successor to her earlier novel, The Moon's Complexion; the other, Love on the Dole, which gives an interesting picture of life in the UK in the thirties. But I'm nowhere near finishing it and the book circle is on Thursday.


I spent some time uploading the front cover of Tainted Tree to my website, and also to the Goldenford website. If you've a mind to, you can order a copy of Tainted Tree from Goldenford in advance of publication date and, up until the launch date, save £1.50. Amazon is also taking advance orders, but they don't have the cover picture yet. So do have a look. It's a lovely cover, and you can see it - back and front too, on the artist, Janice Windle's site.

No comments: