Sunday, June 01, 2008

Books and the travelling wine

That's enough about the holiday - except that M and I both put on pounds - only three or four, but that's terrible bearing in mind the walks up the hill in Illetas (known by our friends, Diane and Bob as Cardiac Hill) and the half hour exercise each day. So now it's back to the harsh realities of one cake per week, and only a very little dip into my chocolate button supply.

In addition to that: I have unpacked one and a half of the suitcases and dealt with one wash in the overflowing linen basket; I have done my Sainsbury's shop, but forgot to get teabags, so another trip will be called for very soon. There's also the email mountain to tackle, as well as the post.

Amongst the emails was one from Virtual Tales, sending me an updated version of A Bottle of Plonk which will be called, on their site, Have Wine, Will Travel. They have removed some of the English expressions to make it more suitable for the American market, and I have to check the new version and get it back to them asap. Shortly after it comes out with the new name and cover, it will be available in print form from Amazon.com. So any friends out there in the States will be able to buy this version, without postage costs from the UK, or of course, on line, if you prefer.

Two of the emails were very nice comments about Tainted Tree, and I also had two notes through the post - one of them from Anne's mother, Joyce, who always enjoys my writing. Thank you. I do appreciate it.

These are the comments - and if you're a reader and you've enjoyed Tainted Tree - let me know and I'll include your words, too.

Lynne:
We have just returned from holiday where I read your book. I must say that I really enjoyed it, and in parts I could not put it down.

Barbara:
I find Tainted Tree very interesting and readable. The way you developed the plot is very good, the reader can't put it down. I nearly missed my stop on the train last Monday. I have read your other two books , but find this one the best. You were absolutely right to celebrate the launch in style - the book deserves it.

Susan:
Great read - I really enjoyed it - genuinely interesting, compulsive reading and so relevant to what is happening today. Well done - look forward to the next one.

Joyce:
Just a short note to let you know how much I enjoyed Tainted Tree - in fact I couldn’t put it down - it was a really interesting saga, beautifully written (a real ‘tear-jerker’ at times!) and I loved the characters, especially Addie. Thank you for a ‘good read’, Jackie.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

I knew she'd love it!!! She never sends me notes, you know ....

==:O

:))

A
xxx

Jackie Luben said...

Ah well, mothers and daughters, Anne - there's scope for a whole novel there - I should know.

Jackie