Friday, January 26, 2007

A Bottle of Plonk on line

Just as I was wondering what was happening to A Bottle of Plonk, Jake the editor told me it was now on the Virtual Tales (http://www.virtual.tales.com/) site. I’ve looked and yes, there it is, and there am I too, with a biography, a photo and a credit for the front cover too. No publicity about it yet though, and I’m not sure whether it’s ‘officially’ published yet. I had a feeling it was to be February. There is a Virtual Tales e-group – in fact two, one for readers and one for contributors. I may go on and say hallo to writers and readers if nothing happens in a few days.

Thank goodness it wasn’t quite so cold today. I put off doing my big shop because the weather was uninviting yesterday and went on, after dropping M at the station today. I also posted off a letter to another publisher regarding my novel, Tainted Tree. I must do some work on the novel in progress, but will be out tomorrow. Also I have the start of a short story, but it’s petered out a bit. Must put my other hat on and start on the VAT next week. I don’t seem to have been very organised the last few days – story of my life. Having broadband is a terrible distraction and so are the games of patience, etc, on the computer. Though now I come to think of it, I did clear a lot of paper from my desk, either by filing it or by deciding to recycle it. But it’s good to see a bit of a space there.

M has just telephoned to say he won’t be home for an hour and half, so I hope the temperature doesn’t drop too much, when I have to collect him.

Just listening to the news about some people who were using and supplying cannabis to others with multiple sclerosis. I can’t fathom out why it can’t be included in prescription drugs if it gives so much help to people in pain.

A Bottle of Plonk; Virtual Tales; Tainted Tree; VAT; computer games; MS; cannabis

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

Wonderful news, Jackie - well done!! And, yes, marketing is the author's affair first and foremost so get on that site and introduce yourself!!

:))

A
xxx