Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lots of activity

I didn’t achieve too much yesterday, but Irene: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/blacks.house/
came over for lunch and a chat. M was still hanging around with no particular job to go to, so I gave him lunch and shushed him out of the house to collect a part for something later in the week. You can’t have a decent chat with a husband around.

Later Irene and I were both at the Guildford Writers’ Circle, ((http://www.guildfordwriters.net/) where a rather depleted band of writers discussed their pieces. All good stuff, as usual. I got a prime position outside the Guildford Institute thanks to a Samaritan who guided me in. There I was stuck in the middle of the road like a crooked tooth, longing to try to get into this tempting space, but knowing I was going to make a hash of it, when this young man who was standing outside the Friends’ Meeting House, started gesticulating, in the way that men do when they can see your wheels going in the wrong direction. I following his guidance and achieved perfect parking (for once in my life.) A friend indeed.

I’d managed to squeeze out about 600 words of my next novel – currently called Innocent Bystanders but that may change. It was very much a first draft and needs rewriting.

Today, once again my desk is full of bits of paper and the linen basket is full of washing – how does it mount up so quickly? But I think a priority is to look over the Bottle of Plonk chapters from Jake at Virtual Tales (http://www.virtualtales.com/) . I’d like to be able to tick off one job from my list.

Later: it’s taking longer than anticipated; I’m still only on Chapter 6. However, I have done another session of aerobics today. Miracle of miracles. And I’ve also been to the bank, taken my neighbour to the local station and tried to navigate round my blog too. Unfortunately, I keep getting lost - I never did have much sense of direction. At least I now have a photo on My Space – thanks to Irene. I like this photo as it keeps most of me in shadow, which at my age is an advantage. As you can probably see, I’m not the bright young thing I profess to be, so I’d better own up. I lied about my age. But what does age matter anyway? And for all I know, all these fascinating blogs could be lies, lies, lies.

No comments: