Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year Resolutions

In the local newsletter – a mention of exercise for the not very fit – I thought I might qualify, but the organiser suggested this might be too low key for me and recommended a Pilates class. New Year Resolution – I’m going to get fit and slim in 2007. Don’t all laugh at once. I tried phoning said Pilates person, but so far have received no reply. I even went to the village hall to see if she was operating a class, but instead there were men fitting windows.

I came home deciding to prance about in front of the TV with my Rosemary Conley video. But due to the arrival of the postman, the milkman and the gardener with an assistant, I couldn’t do this till lunch time. What a long time it is since I’ve had a go at this. Still, half an hour of exercise has to be good.

I’ve sent three edited chapters of A Bottle of Plonk back to Jake at Virtual Tales (www.virtualtales.com) and approved the cover, which is based on my original, but with a different font and one or two other refinements.

I’ve also managed to clear some of the stuff from my desk. In the course of this, I found another pair of glasses, the sellotape I’d been looking for two days, two pens, my shorthand notebook and a list of things to do prepared some days ago. I’ve also dealt with the end of month statements (end of December, alas, somewhat belatedly) and a quotation dictated by M yesterday.

No comments: