Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our holiday

The good news about the holiday is that although I ate well, I do not appear to have put on any weight. (Unless the new scales I bought for 4.99 a few weeks ago are completely hopeless.) Not only was I restrained (particularly when it came to the desserts) but I went to the gym in the hotel every day (except one) and spent 28 minutes on the bicycle, the rowing machine and the walking thing, whatever that’s called. Is it a treadmill? I managed to stave off total boredom by watching TV in the gym. I think the exercise also helped my back. First I asked the proprietor whether someone could recommend some exercises. But she persuaded me to attend a yoga class which takes place every day for an hour. That was boredom, and the sylph like creature taking it irritated me by her ability to touch her nose with her toes. I also found her difficult to understand and couldn’t watch what positions we were supposed to be putting ourselves in (myself and the one other volunteer) without putting myself in an incorrect position. One session was all I could bear to suffer.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Welcome back, Jackie! I think you're marvellous for attempting to do anything noble at all on holiday - way beyond the call of duty, I fear ...

Hope you still had a good time though!

A
xxx

Jackie Luben said...

I did have a good time and could afford to sacrifice half an hour a day in the gym, bearing in mind that I wasn't doing anything but reading, writing and sunning myself.