Monday, November 06, 2006

Birthday blog

Another birthday. Let's disregard the actual year and move swiftly on.

Apart from dropping M at the station this morning, I stayed in all day. Much to do after the weekend visit. Lots of domestic chores and I haven't finished yet - more tomorrow. But I did manage to spend some time updating the talk I'm giving on Friday to Sutton Writers' circle.

I will print it out tomorrow and put some notes in that I can easily spot, so that I'm not just reading without looking at my audience.

Although it felt as if the birthday was yesterday, I got a card from K and family this morning and some flowers from R & J. Lovely surprise after yesterday.

In the evening, we had a Goldenford meeting. On arriving I was presented with a 'Bottle of Plonk' and Anne crowned me with a tiara, saying 'Birthday girl' or similar. This object which was stabbed into my head, proceeded to play 'Happy birthday, etc.' Jennifer took a photo, which, no doubt, will stay around to haunt me for years to come.

Got through lots of stuff, as usual. Jennifer has reported that following our presentation to Barclays' Bank, they want us to come back to entertain with readings at their Christmas party.

11.35 p.m - And so to bed, as another diarist said.

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

But you looked lovely in that tiara, Jackie - we're thinking of using it on all our Goldenford publicity ...

:))

A
xxx