Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hysterectomy Diary

16th June

My cleaning lady came today and caught up with the ironing. Not too much because I had made sure all washing and ironing was up to date before I went in. We (I use the term loosely) also assembled the new vacuum cleaner – a slight hiccup when we thought it wasn’t functioning, but it turned out the top wasn’t plugged in as it should have been.

We sat in the garden the whole afternoon and friends came over. My friend insisted on sorting out tea with the OM trailing behind, telling her where things were.

In the shower is morning, I ripped off the plaster where the catheter had been plugged into me. Lots of bruising, but it looks OK

18th June.

A little bit of sunshine during the middle of the week was pleasant, but today has been rather a grey day.

Yesterday and today, I’ve been for a ten minute walk. Also caught up with a bit more filing. But by the evening, I felt tired and after dinner put my feet up and dozed for about an hour. I’ve also felt very cold. In the evening, when I’m sitting watching TV, I have to wrap a blanket around me, and one night, we even had the electric fire on.

We had a delivery from Sainsbury’s during the day, and the OH had to stay around to help put stuff away. After that he went to do a small job, somewhere. Otherwise, he’d get stir crazy. We’ve managed quite well with convenience food, including oven ready potatoes. I’ve been out of hospital a week and we haven’t faded away yet.

No comments: