Wednesday, June 30, 2010

After the op - moving on

Well, that’s the theory, anyway. Sometimes, in practice, I’m not quite so dedicated. Not quite sure how I’m whiling away my time, but a lot of it is spent on my new computer game addition, Mah Jong – introduced to me by GD2, when she came to visit, just before my hospital stay.

It’s now four weeks since the op, and I’m going to start driving. I have been in prison, long enough. Other things I’m doing – a bit of cooking. I’ve moved on to my own pre-made convenience meals. Tonight we had roast turkey with ready made roast potatoes (not as good as mine) and veg. Whereas, the first couple of weeks, I asked the OM to put water into the saucepan, now I’m putting it in my self; filling the kettle, too. I may start ironing tomorrow. Next week, I hope to go to London by train with the Goldenford girls, to a meeting to promote our books, and I have a visit to the physio planned too.

The most annoying thing is not being able to lift the heavy files out of my cabinet. As a result of this, my desk is even more cluttered than usual.

No comments: