Wednesday, June 16, 2010

4th June

Managed to get 7 ½ hours sleep last night, although I woke briefly two or three times around four to five. I had some water as I was very dry. I am much more wide awake today than I was yesterday. Just as well, as I’m going to have to be much more active. I had a painkiller both last night before I went to sleep and on awaking at 6.30 a.m. As I will be walking to the bathroom, I need to be comfortable.

Typically, the weather has changed from cold last weekend (heating on, on 31st May) to blazing hot. My feet with support stockings on, are very warm.

Procedure 1 today, my catheter has been clamped. This stays clamped for four hours and is then released if no water has been passed. Today, I got involved in a bit of work politics, when the nurse told me to keep trying and the orderly told me (correctly) that the clamp should be released. She, the latter told me that because she is an orderly, they think she knows nothing. The Physio has also visited and showed me the exercises I should be doing. I’ve had several phone calls – from the ProdD last night and the Son&H this morning. Because he is in Cornwall with the family, I spoke to the girls too. My phone ran out of money, but I have a landline too.

I sat up till about 1.00 am in the chair – for a while I felt quite frisky. Then suddenly, I felt tired and achey. I had some painkillers and went back to bed. Now I’m going to have a little sleep.

* * * * * *

Having dosed for about an hour, I felt much better when Irene arrived visit and we had a good chat for a couple of hours. I’ve just had the second injection in my stomach. Yesterday’s one has left a bruise the size of an old penny. The surgeon has also visited today and was please with me.

The OM came to have a meal with me at the hospital and has just gone home. I switched on the TV and have found a performance of Aida. The staging is horrible – it’s all modern dress – presumably done specially for Chanel 4. I have to remember to ask Irene if she knows about it. I know she has strong feelings about avant guarde productions.

No comments: