Friday, June 25, 2010

Hysterectomy Diary

20th June, Sunday

Not had a good day today. Firstly, I’m very cold. Actually, I’ve been cold more or less constantly since the operation. I’m always cold but now more so than usual. We do live in a cold house – a bungalow without the benefit of an extra floor above and without the protection of other houses around – and in addition, in a rural area, so no extra heat from shop lights and vents, restaurants, traffic lights, etc.

I’m also tired. The OM got a call-out to a restaurant at 9.30 p.m. and went out, returning at 11.30. I, in the meantime, watched a Harrison Ford movie on TV, which ended after the OM returned home. After a cup of tea, we sat for a bit and ended up going to bed at 12.30.

I also today have a waterworks problem and have been going every two hours. I don’t think that can be right, so many have to ring the consultant, tomorrow.

Yesterday, as a special treat, we had roast lamb with our convenience roast potatoes and frozen peas. I had two packs of frozen carved, cooked lamb in the freezer, together with a carton of gravy, in which to reheat the meat. I have quite a few more meals that I prepared earlier (shades of Blue Peter), but I want them to last the full six weeks of my convalescence. So tonight, we’ll probably be back to Vienna sausages, which just need boiling.

Would you credit it – along with not being my best today, I have broken off a piece of tooth, eating the last of my convenience potatoes.

No comments: