Monday, December 11, 2006

Crossing things off the list

Yes I actually organised a couple of things today. That doesn’t actually amount to doing them, but at least I have made appointments for both servicing and MOT of my car and writing a will (the two not connected.)

As far as other miscellaneous things are concerned, I did a bit of office work, including the post and filing; changed sheets, etc. I haven’t made any progress on Christmas cards, though, and the ironing is falling behind again. Oh dear, there’s the children’s presents to wrap up too, including one for Ella’s birthday, which must go off shortly.

I spent useful time on my website, updating it to include Virtual Tales (http://www.virtualtales.com/) in various places. Programming doesn’t come naturally to me – even though I have two very computer literate children (I use the term loosely – meaning offspring.) I have to copy other bits of HTML and even that goes wrong sometimes. For example, in my first attempt to link to Virtual Tales with a label – A Bottle of Plonk – On-line version, I copied the original label directing interested parties to Goldenford Publishers (http://www.goldenford.co.uk/). Why should the new label pop up in blue, when the old one was in white? A missing apostrophe or bracket, perhaps. Who know? I had to keep trying and checking the changes, all of which is time consuming. Still, I’m nearly there now. When I’m sure it’s all right, I’ll upload it to the Net.

No comments: