Friday, December 08, 2006

Unexpected success?

Last night after I got in from shopping, I went to check emails and found that the telephone line wasn’t working. We checked all the phones, then M went to our neighbours to report the fault. It must have been something to do with the torrential rain, because an hour or so later, we were back on line.

When I checked my emails, I had a surprise. There was an email from Virtual Tales asking why I hadn’t returned the contract they’d sent me. Had I decided not to go ahead with this? I’d forgotten I sent them A Bottle of Plonk for their website. They let people see a first chapter and then can buy the rest as a serial. I thought Plonk would be ideal for this, and it seems they thought it might be OK too. However, as far as the contract was concerned, I didn’t know anything about it. I asked them to send me another copy, which also disappeared. Then I thought to check my other service provider, which I hardly ever use and there it was – all eight pages of it. (Twice over, by now.) It was originally sent on 22nd November.

Being a pessimist, I feel there’s plenty of scope for things going wrong, so no point in getting excited about this. But it entailed a bit of correspondence, as I queried one or two items in the contract. Virtual Tales is based in Washington, USA.

I’ve been preparing for lunch with friends tomorrow. I’m always so slow in the mornings, I have to compensate by working nights. As I’m making a steak and mushroom pie, I will prepare the pastry tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Well done, Jackie - that's great news!!

:))

A
xxx

Jackie Luben said...

Thank you Anne.

Jackie