Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Man out at work

It was cold yesterday, and my heart sank when M commented in the morning, ‘It’s very mild, isn’t it?’ Another day of playing ‘draughts’ - him opening windows and me closing them and sneaking the heating on. But, after a week of him staying home and watching repeats on Sky TV, he got called out, and I think was quite pleased to leave the house. While out, he offered to go to Irene to sort out a problem with her heating. Oh joy. The heating went on, here, the second he left the house. Later Irene immortalised him on her blog – (http://www.thisthatfromireneblack.blogspot.com/) well the back end of him, that is, and she was full of praise at his efforts.

I collected a few bits and pieces which I might need during the Christmas period – contact lens fluid; free range eggs – and aspirin, though I still have my main shop to do, as late as possible in the week; I polished off some ironing and printed out my nearly successful story for comments from Guildford Writers (www.guildfordwriters.co.uk) in the evening. I’ll send it off again somewhere; it’s been shortlisted twice. Oh and I went on line and had another go at PayPal. I confessed once again to forgetting my password and got the necessary reminders and than informed them of the amounts paid into my account. And yes! That’s been successful and all I have to do now is earn royalties from Virtual Tales (www.virtualtales.com) to get money coming into the account.

That was yesterday. Today M has gone off again – I took him out to the station this morning – a horrible, foggy day, and I’ve just heard that his trip out today will bring about three quotations. Bo-o-o-r-r-r-ing. Just when I was thinking I could carry on tidying up loose ends and concentrate on cooking for next week. Anyhow before he comes back, I will at least make up the bed for Eve, the first of my granddaughters to visit - with her parents, of course – next week.

Later today, a breakthrough. I tried to connect to Virgin (dial up still, of course) and after two days of being barred, they let me in. And I managed to order the filters for the broadband connection – with a bit of luck everything will be ready to go when my kids arrive and surely, one or other of them, with their Maths with Computing degrees, will be able to help us connect up.

2 comments:

Irene Black said...

Contact lens fluid, free range eggs – and aspirin, Jackie? Wow! You'll be living dangerously over the hols. The mind boggles.

Irene

Jackie Luben said...

Yes, and I remembered to take my watch in for repair too. But the major shop is yet to come.

Jackie