Sunday, December 17, 2006

Relaxing weekend

A weekend of recharging batteries, before the big rush next week.

I sat in front of the TV last night and watched three Frasiers in a row. I love Frasier; it's so clever and subtle sometimes, even though it's farcical at others. It's never crude and you have so much empathy for the main characters. Before I realised, it was midnight. We slept late this morning as a result.

I did a major shop, though I'm sure I'll have to repeat it before next weekend. After all, we are expecting the kids after Christmas, in turn not together. And I will have to do some food preparation before they arrive, otherwise my time will be spent exclusively in the kitchen.

I have now completely read through A Bottle of Plonk and made a few small alterations before returning it to the editor at Virtual Tales. It was interesting to re-read it and I was pleasantly surprised to realise that the rewrites I had made just before publication by Goldenford in 2005 had worked quite well. I know that most writers, artists, etc are terribly unsatisfied by their work when they look at it. I expect there's something wrong with me.

I've had terrible trouble trying to send off my original cover to Virtual Tales. It's too large to go by email in any unlocked state. I'm going to have to resort to putting it in an envelope and sending it through the post.

I'll deal with that tomorrow, when I send off my grand-daughter's birthday present.

No comments: