Monday, December 18, 2006

Old fashioned ways

After several attempts to send off the cover file to Virtual Tales (www.virtualtales.com) I found it easier to put it on CD and take it to the post office. Five working days, they tell me, so it should get there before the New Year. Sometimes you have to recognise when you’ve been defeated by new technology. The file is very large because it is unlocked. That enables the people at Virtual Tales to fiddle with it – and possibly change the font. As soon as the file is locked, it immediately becomes much smaller.

I also finished the editing of A Bottle of Plonk last night and sent that off to Jake. I see I've already mentioned this. Anyhow, Jake has now received it, which is good. I also subscribed again to the Virtual Tales contributors’ e-group. I had already done it, but when I went to the Yahoo site to deal with something on the Guildford Writers’ e-group I wasn’t recognised. I got sent from page to page and had to confirm my password, and I thought I’d better register again, as I didn’t seem to exist in Yahoo’s eyes.

So with all that behind me, I can concentrate on other things. Can I come up with a new story for Guildford Writers (www.guildfordwriters.com) tomorrow night? Or a further instalment of my novel? And how much time should I spend on cooking for my kids’ visits, post Christmas?

M is going out to a job tomorrow. First call-out he’s had for about a week. I think he’s actually quite enjoyed sitting at home watching, Keeping up Appearances, Poirrot, Rumpole of the Bailey and numerous repeats of Only Fools and Horses.

2 comments:

Irene Black said...

M. is a national treasure, Jackie! Rode like a knight to our rescue again today. You should have him patented.

Irene

Jackie Luben said...

I only sent him out so I could put my own heating back on.

Jackie